So we have decided that we will use this first year to establish some holiday traditions for our family. We got off to a great start with Valentine's Day. Each year we will pick a theme and budget and have to get gifts that fit the parameters. This year was "Cheesiest Gift under $10." We cooked dinner together at home, because a) I teach late on Tuesdays and b) I hate crowded restaurants full of people who are only there because it's Valentine's. I could also add c) I hate the way everyone jacks up the prices. So we had a lovely dinner at home with the boys and exchanged gifts. I made a Vday card scavenger hunt for Landon all day with those super classy cards you give out in elementary school. The Star Wars kind. It was a fun little hunt finding 25 of those suckers. I also made Landon a mix CD with sappy songs, and random songs that remind me of us. Bonus points to me for remembering an off hand comment about some sappy songs he likes and downloading those to include. I thought I won the competition hands down. But then Landon pulled out his gift- he made a sign saying "I <3 You" out of Jelly Beans. Epic. Plus he spent many hours on it. Clear winner.
So for St. Patrick's Day we decided to go more of the baked goods route. It isn't a big gifting holiday, you know? Except for my Mom who has a birthday then. Happy Birthday Mom! So I made, what else, green cupcakes. And Landon photographed one for me.
 |
| We spent much longer getting this exact picture than I feel comfortable admitting. |
We'll keep you updated on future holidays. Landon's up for determining the Easter celebrations this year....
No comments:
Post a Comment