Thursday, May 10, 2012

Not a Normal Post

Most of the time I don't bother to blog unless I have something profound, important, or remotely serious to blog about. And sometimes I do just because it's one of my two favorite "Fs"- football or food. Not today. Completely frivolous. I wanted to give everyone a head's up that I think I will be dying from complications of a never ending sinus infection. In fact, my exact text message to my (otherwise) supportive husband read as follows: "I am pretty sure I'm dying a very slow death. I will eventually be suffocated by closing nasal passages." And his wonderful husbandly response? "Haha I'm trying hard not to laugh at your pain but death by sinus suffocation was hilarious." Not so haha is that 48 hours later I think it's coming closer to being reality.

So I will remind said husband of this anytime he judges me or his sister for sometimes laughing inappropriately at others' pain. Because apparently sometimes it actually is funny.

And if anyone knows that cure to this dangerous condition, please let me know. I will be forever grateful.

3 comments:

  1. My love swears by Tylenol Cold and Sinus for sinus infection issues. There is apparently a daytime and a nighttime version of the stuff, and the nighttime will make you quite sleepy. Best of luck to you in feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim. So, so lame. Sorry!! The last time I was in mortal peril from a sinus infection, I called my uncle who is an internist and he told me to go get a "neti pot" and try it. You can buy it at any drugstore. It looks like a miniature watering can, and you fill it with nasty, hot, salty water, then use it to basically rinse your sinuses out (the box gives better details). It's not cool. Totally made me gag, and I thought it was weird. But it was miraculously helpful. Feels so good once you're done. And you just keep doing it til you're not flirting with death anymore. Saved me from sinus suffocation. Worth a try?

    Also, thanks for your comments about abortion on my blog. Really liked reading what you had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His laughter is completely inappropriate :) So sorry you feel so yucky.

    ReplyDelete