Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sometimes it's the small things...

You know how when things go wrong, they seem to REALLY go wrong. One right after another. In big, BIG waves. As soon as you think you might be getting ready to catch your breath, an even bigger wave crashes right down on top of you.

It has been like this for a while now. And that's an understatement.

There have been lots of good things too, so many that I can't count. But that seems to be when you're most vulnerable to almost getting sucked under the water. That's been the pattern in our little family lately. Good thing! BAD THING. Good Thi...BAD! And it gets exhausting treading water in those conditions. Sometimes I wonder how long I'll be able to do that. And then I'm glad my parents put me in all of those swimming lessons. But there are no more swim lessons, so now I'm grateful that I have a partner that carries around a life preserver at all times. I actually like to picture it more as the floaties, because those are orange and cute. So he's been doing a lot of the heavy lifting lately. And always coming armed with the floaties. But even with floaties you get tired sometimes.

So tonight I'm grateful for the other small things. Like emails from friends that you never in a million years expected. And a come back win when you're down 3-0 in a best of 7. "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." -Robert Brault

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a passage in the bible Seth and I were reading lastnight. Luke 10:40. It's simple sweet and OH so true!
    Life is good!
    -Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a good way to describe it. I've definitely felt that. Hang in there. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest he get you a puddle jumper. It's way more effective than floaties. Hang in there!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete